Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hockey and the Rockies

Since it’s been a while since my last post, I have lots to tell you guys! Before last weekend I had only had two days off since being here, so I’ve been pretty busy!

The other week the Edmonton Oilers hockey team came to town to finalise their pre-season preparation. I went along to one of their practices and it was pretty awesome. I’ve never been to a hockey game before and even though they were just training, it was pretty intense. I didn’t recognize any of the players names from plying NHL on PS2 so I wasn’t sure if they had a good team or not… however because there is hockey on TV pretty much every night I was able to watch their first few games including a couple against Calgary and I saw that their team is very young, speedy and skilled. I wasn’t sure which team to go for… for a while I was thinking Calgary because they have Jerome Iginla (I recognized him from video games) but their team doesn’t seem to be very deep. Edmonton was able to beat them in both games with their depth and speed. Also because they have a line that is full of guys my age or younger, I’ll be rooting for the Oilers.

Over the weekend Beth and I went for a hike up to a place called Old Fort Point. We ended up going the long way around but in the end it was worth it. The views were amazing. I’ll let the pictures do the talking… (You will be able to spot Mountain Sheep, and a rock feature called Old Man's Chin - which looks like a face of someone lying on their back.. and lots of shots of Pyramid Mountain cos it's just so good looking)

S.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stu, I think you've chosen your hockey team well. It's about time you rooted for a team which knows how to win games. Mum