Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2 Years Strong.

Today, November the 19th 2008 marks my two year anniversary with Stuart.
For those of you who don't know our history, Stuart and I met through a friend while I was studying my arts degree at the CCC School Of Creative Arts on Sydney's northern beaches.
Stuart was living in Melbourne at the time.
Stu and I on our 3rd date, November 23rd 2006
When we first started to feel things for each other it presented a can of worms that I didn't think was avoidable. Long distance relationships are hard at the best of times, let alone when you're both students with limited resources and finances. Yet, somehow in my heart I knew it was worth the effort.

My primary love languages are touch and quality time, so I couldn't comprehend how I would go with a long distance sort of relationship. The distance wasn't all we had to overcome either. Our lives were so different, and yet there was a tangible connection too special to ignore.

So I promised Stu that once I'd finished my degree I would move to Melbourne so we could be together.

There were so many times I felt like giving up on my studies to be with him, but I also made a promise to God - that I wouldn't leave college until I had finished what I started. It was never the love of music, the friends, the ease of my position and influence that kept me in Sydney, it was always my word. And again, my word is what caused me to pack up my life and follow my heart once my studies were completed nearly 16 months later..
Stu and I in Melbourne. 5th January 2007.

Today we are celebrating our anniversary in Canada, in the middle of the Rocky Mountains. The temperature is -14 outside, and the views (and the altitude here) take your breath away. But what truly captures me, truly renders me breathless and speechless, is this gift I have. Because I stayed true to my promise, because I put God's purpose first in my life, He has blessed me so much by giving me Stuart.

Stuart's 22nd birthday, March 14th 2007. I surprised him by flying down to Melbourne.
Stuart Walker - the special (very, very special!) man who was made in such a way to put up with, understand and love me always.

Today I am grateful for Him.

Stu and I on our 1 year anniversary in Sydney. Nov 19th 2007

I just thought I'd share this with whomever chooses to read this little note. I am blessed to be loved by Stu, and to get to share this part of my life story with him.

I never thought it would happen to me... but it has.
Cheers for that, God.
Beth. x



Today, Our 2 year anniversary. November 19th 2008.

4 comments:

grace_elizabeth said...

Nawwwwwww you guys!


I miss your cute, cute selves! Is 6months over yet? I want tea with my favourite Beth!

Hope you're having a right good time lovelies.

So much mush,

Gracey xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo &c.

grace_elizabeth said...

PS. If you leave Jasper let me kno what your new address is.

LOVE! xoxox

beeep said...

Hey grayzzz...
i MISS you too!
We will be staying in Jasper after all. New job kicks ass!
So we'll be here til at least March.
I think of you everytime i have a cup of orange pekoe!
x

Anonymous said...

Hey hey beth... remember this?

"STUART WALKER SMELLS"